Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you ready to put your eComm marketing on steroids?
Impressive knows a thing or two about eCommerce stores (in fact, we’ve won a few awards in that space). Our speciality is in eCommerce, working regularly with businesses to build campaigns that attract potential customers, re-target regulars, and get those desired results.
On a daily basis, our eComm experts get asked loads of questions by both start-up businesses and established brands alike, so we thought we’d collate and address the most common ones.
“Expecting such a hugely positive return on ad spend for a brand-new business with no brand equity is counterintuitive.” – Russ Macumber
Meet Russ & Johnathan
In today’s episode, Strategy Director Russ Macumber shoots off a round of questions to Senior Account Manager Johnathan Salamon about common challenges that many eCommerce businesses face. In his answers, Johnathan highlights how to handle the little things – such as customer retention – taking the smoke and mirrors out of attribution, and the importance of personalisation.
The conversation covers:
- Best content management system and why? (6:00)
- Shopify Plus vs. Magento: what’s better for me? (6:48)
- What’s the average conversion rate for my eComm website? (7:30)
- My social traffic is not converting – what gives? (10:26)
- I’ve installed heat mapping software – now, what do I do? (12:38)
- Where does attribution fit into all this? (14:40)
- How do you measure success when you’re running loads of different campaigns? (17:32)
- What’s a reasonable expectation for Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)? (18:50)
- What’s the best program for email automation? (22:11)
- How does personalisation factor into driving sales? (22:52)
- Final tips and advice (25:55)
“There are much more cost-effective ways to keep that user buying from you. Think of how you can keep your clients as well as how you can get them.” – Johnathan Salamon
Connect with us
Did you find this information useful for your eCommerce brand? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us – the good, the bad, and the ugly. Simply email us at email@example.com or call us on 1300 462 115.
Sign up for our fortnightly podcasts on iTunes or Stitcher for more chats with digital experts from Impressive (and don’t forget to leave us a review!)