“People want to work for brands and companies that genuinely give a sh*t, that have a purpose that is bigger than selling stuff…” – Nathan Bush
Nathan Bush is the director of eSuite, an eCommerce talent agency that recruits the best talent for the fastest-growing retailers, as well as being the facilitator for training programs to teach eCommerce skills. Having led eCommerce businesses with revenues of over $100M+, and being recognised as one of Australia’s Top 50 People in Commerce, he’s your guy for all things eCommerce. Nathan also has his own podcast series where he features Australian founders, leaders, and experts on the weekly.
“You don’t have to put all your eggs in one basket and go if we never re-platform, then we’re never going to transform…while [you’re] waiting for that happen, do a bunch of other stuff as well” “[I want to] pave the path for entrepreneurs and founders to build a chill work business, and…help businesses and organisations of all kinds break the Google and Facebook duopoly chains on their marketing” – Nathan Bush on the best way to re-platform your business
JOIN OUR HOST, ROBERT TADROS IN CONVERSATION WITH NATHAN BUSH ON TALENT RETENTION AND ACQUISITION, AND RE-PLATFORMING YOUR BUSINESS.
The conversation covers:
- Intro to Nathan Bush (1:38)
- Challenges of talent acquisition and retention (3:10)
- The purpose-driven generation (4:15)
- Trends in the eCommerce market with borders opening (7:23)
- Flexible working is non-negotiable (8:32)
- Growth mindset and desire for rewards (9:32)
- War on talent and building a people-first agency (10:15)
- Specialist-first approach (15:40)
- Re-adoption of performance marketing agencies (17:20)
- How Nathan became one of the top 50 eCommerce leaders (19:09)
- Major trends from brands that we can learn from (23:18)
- Re-platforming (26:00)
- The online and offline customer journey (29:08)
- Emerging roles (37:33)
- TikTok has surpassed Google and Facebook (39:01)
- Tops tips to find good talent (41:03)
“Invest in your people, keep the good people if you can…create an environment where if people want to stay, and they’re good, they stay…” – Nathan Bush
The latest episode is about today’s challenges of acquiring and retaining talent, what people value in their job, and how companies should be creating the ideal work environment. Nathan tells us how he got into the eCommerce space and became one of the top 50 eCommerce talents. And most importantly, Nathan gives us his best advice on how to adapt and re-platform your business without slowing down and falling behind the trends.
Did that podcast resonate with you? Head to esuitetalent.com.au, LinkedIn, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Nathan Bush. If you want to hear more from Nathan, you can also listen to his ‘Add To Cart’ podcast series.